Wednesday, January 6

New Siberia?

We have an unusually long cold snap - at least for those of us in Mobile. One or two nights in the twenties and we think we've had a hard winter! Well, all this week it's been in the twenties and going into the teens by tomorrow. Very bizarre weather indeed!

Anyway, I felt sorry for all the winter birds, so I went off to Walmart and bought new bird seed supplies and added a thistle bag for the finches and a suet log, too.

A cardinal and a finch square off for eating territory in the seed feeder.

When I first looked at the thistle bag this morning there were about 6 birds on it, but by the time I located the camera, they had gone elsewhere.

This goldfinch (They are kinda greenish looking right now) has the suet log all to itself. I hope the squirrels don't realize I moved it over to another tree. The little devils were emptying it nearly over night where it was. Gotta get a squirrel feeder to put way out back to attract them out there and get them to leave the bird's food alone.

0 comments: